Friday, January 15, 2010

I've decided to live more Islamically...we'll see how long that lasts.
But i'm going to try. :)

Soooo...yeah...

I've been looking up Hadiths lately and...I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!
Oh my Gracious!
--Allah the Almighty has said: “O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its.”--

Wow. Whenever I had to read the Bible and occasionally the Torah, I never got into it. Ever. I was reading some today during my hour off (okay it was science but that's the same thing right?) and I was so moved! I'd never felt this way about a piece of literature. I can't even explain it, though I think all you lovely ladies know what i'm talking about.
Oof! This is sooo hard.

5 comments:

Amira said...

Mashallah that's awesome. I know what you mean by that feeling its hard to describe but i think i get it. One of my favorite hadith is this one "For a Mu'mins headache, a thorn prick, or any other thing which causes him distress, Allah will elevate him one degree and wipe out his sins on the day of Resurrection"
I don't know for me it makes things seem more bearable.
A word of advice (yup am giving unsolicited advice hehe)if your looking up hadiths online be careful cuz there are some fakes out there. Sometimes you can spot them easily because they contradict the quran but some are harder to spot. Apparently some people have nothing better to do then bash other people's religions by posting fake misleading stuff.
Take care

AlabasterMuslim said...

OH! Amira gave you good advice. There is a lot of stuff on the internet that isn't true, made up hadith.
Um..so I don't know how much you've read up on hadith.....there is a book of hadith by Al-Bukhari...I have it. But each story is VERy long, so what I have is the 'condensed' version...usually thats what you read.

anyway, here is a link to the whole book http://www.sunnipath.com/library/Hadith/H0002P0000.aspx

But like I said its only the condensed version and it usually gets the point across.


I love hadith too, especially because you find some of the most interesting things that I never knew before. Like ... there's an 'Islamic' way to eat, drink, talk, pee and poo (well, about the last two...just being careful to not get it on yourself and wash yourself too.)


So at the moment, do you have a religion? Or are you just in the middle of things?

!-!eather said...

Thanks for the advice Amira :)
I've already seen a couple of Hadiths on the internet and I was like Say What?! then I looked around more and found this link and it was from some Catholic website. Classy.

lol I could use a knew way to poo :P
and yeaahh, I am definately at a crossroads. Well...not so much a crossroads.
I want to become Muslim. I want Allah, I need Allah but I couldn't even practice Islam in my house because my family is almost completely against it, except for my dad but I don't live with him. It's tricky and hard to explain. I don't want to do something half-assed if it's as important as accepting Allah and Muhammad. So yeah...

Princess Mandarine said...

Geez huns you are truly blessed .... I admire you ....
with love Em ...

!-!eather said...

Thanks Em!