Sunday, January 10, 2010

Oh my Allah!

Last night my parents were talking about how the only thing i'd get for my birthday would probably be my passport and gas money. I didn't even want anything big, a lovely hug would be nice.
So, stupid me, i decided to joke around
 My mom was saying how since they got me the car, they were going to go easy on buying stuff for me for the next 1000 years. So moi, being the bright intelligent person I am, told her this:
"Oh it's okay, i'm going to be a Jehovah's Witness so you guys won't even have to worry." I was joking, totally joking, I was laughing as I said this and everything. My mother whirled around and gave me the worst look ever given to a daughter in the history of looks. It was SO BAD! So then I had to quickly yell Just Kidding! Kidding! before she brought me to our pastor for an exorcism.
Oy!
So now i've been scared stiff of even talking to her about how i'm done being a Christian and want to convert to Islam. I'm fairly sure if I did, she would kick me out. I love my mother so much and I have a lot of trust in her and she in me but we never talk about faith. I think she knows I'm moving away from her faith and trying to find mine and she does not like it one bit.
I spoke with my Dad about it and he said she was always stubborn about doing things her way (it's true) we switched Churches probably 10-12 times when I was growing up because she didn't like this sermon, or this idea.

So yeah. I want to accept Islam sooooooo badly but I can't. I can't go against my mother. I know that if I told her this, it would probably break her heart so I'm going to wait until I leave for college and a year and a half and hopefully Allah will be as patient with me as he has been so far.
Also, I have no one to teach me about Islam because the local Mosque is like Members Only because there was a LOT of unneccesary outpouring of anger after 9/11. So it's tricky.

Please, pray for me. It's so hard feeling this rift growing between my mother and me because of where I'm going. I don't want to lose her but I don't want to lose my place with Allah.

Sorry for this downer post but it's been on my mind for weeks.

1 comment:

AlabasterMuslim said...

Omg.
Your living in wisconsin! And you are thinking about converting to Islam? HOW HAVE WE NOT MET BEFORE! THIS IS CRAZY! loll.
Yayy well keep writing because i love your blog. Plus, if you need anyone to talk to about Islam, you can totally write to me! (My email is alabastermuslim@gmail.com. I promise i won't jump down your throat, lol.